Mon, 12 Jun|
Okanagan College - Penticton Campus
Full-Day Teachers' Workshop —CASCA 2023
Offered in Penticton during the annual meeting of the Canadian Astronomical Society (CASCA)
12 Jun, 09:00 – 16:30 GMT-7
Okanagan College - Penticton Campus, 583 Duncan Ave W, Penticton, BC V2A 8E1, Canada
About The Workshop
Discover the Universe is pleased to partner with the Canadian Astronomical Society to offer a full-day, in-person training event in Penticton, BC.
The exact schedule is TBD, but the day will include activities and resources on the following topics:
- Understanding the Night Sky
- Multi-wavelength Astronomy
- The CHIME Radio Telescope
- The James Webb Space Telescope
We will have a mix of hands-on activities, resources to bring into your classroom, and short talks by scientists on current research. There will be plenty of time for questions and discussions with astronomy researchers and education specialists. Please bring your own device (laptop, tablet...) to fully participate in some hands-on activities.
Recommended for grade 9-12 teachers, but open to motivated teachers from lower grades. The number of participants is limited. Please only register if you are serious about attending!
See workshop poster to share with your colleagues or to print.
It's free! Lunch and coffee will be provided thanks to Okanagan College!
Monday, June 12, 2023 from 9am to 4:30pm. This workshop is offered during the annual meeting of the Canadian Astronomical Society, when many astronomers will be meeting in Penticton.
Okanagan College, Penticton Campus. Room to be determined. Parking is free!
Team of facilitators:
- Heidi White, Université de Montréal and Discover the Universe
- Jennifer West, Dominion Radio Astrophysical Observatory
- Mary Beth Laychak, Canada-France-Hawaii Telescope
- Nathalie Nguyen-Quoc Ouellette, Université de Montréal
- Phil Langill, University of Calgary
- Ryan Ransom, Okanagan College
- Terry Bridges, Okanagan College
La formation se déroulera en anglais mais du personnel bilingue sera sur place pour répondre à vos questions en français.
Please contact our director Julie Bolduc-Duval at email@example.com.