Workshop for Informal Educators
About The Workshop
Are you an informal educator with a national or provincial park, a summer camp, or an after-school program? We offer astronomy training and activities to offer your groups. If you are hoping to become more familiar with the night sky and gain confidence in your ability to organize astronomy events, then this workshop is for you!
What is the format?
Each week, you will get access to a new series of videos to watch on your own time. We will also provide you with activities and resources for you to look over. Furthermore, we will have live online office hours where you can join us if you have questions.
- Week 1: The Night Sky
- Week 2: Celestial Phenomena and Events
- Week 3: From the Earth to Infinity
The total number of hours estimated to cover the entire content is about 10 hours over the three weeks of the workshop. As there are no final exams, you are welcome to take in as much, or as little of the workshop as you want! We know your life is busy so our goal is to make the workshop as accessible as possible.
At the end of this workshop, you will:
- be able to recognize the summer constellations in the sky;
- know how to use a star finder and a planetarium software like Stellarium;
- be more familiar with many astronomy concepts;
- have discovered many activities to easily include astronomy in your programming;
- feel more confident sharing the wonders of the sky with your audience;
- and more!
Questions? Contact us!
This workshop is also offered in French.