June 3 2019
Workshop for Informal Educators – Summer 2019
for Park employees, Summer Camp Guides, After-school educators
The workshop is now over. The content is only accessible to participants.
June 3 to 21, 2019
Presented by Julie Bolduc-Duval
Are you an informal educator with a national or provincial park, a summer camp, or an after-school program? Discover the Universe offers astronomy training and activities to offer your groups. If you are hoping to become more familiar with the night sky and gain confidence in your ability to organize astronomy events, then this workshop is for you!
We have been offering free online workshops for informal educators (like you!) for 9 years! This summer, we are holding the workshop in early June to maximize your opportunities for astronomy programming this summer.
The workshop takes place over three weeks; each week you will participate in a one-hour webinar (online presentation), with activities complete during the week to support and cement your learning. The webinars will be presented on Tuesdays, June 4, 11 and 18 at 2pm eastern (other time zones). Note: all webinars are recorded for those of you who are unable to join live. This allows the training to easily fit into your busy schedule!
At the end of this workshop, you will:
- be able to recognize the summer constellations in the sky;
- know how to use a star finder and a planetarium software like Stellarium;
- be more familiar with many astronomy concepts;
- have discovered many activities to easily include astronomy in your programming;
- feel more confident sharing the wonders of the sky with your audience;
- and more!
Register now – it’s FREE!