April 27 2019
On-Site: Astronomy Teachers Workshop in Toronto
Full-day workshop hosted by the Dunlap Institute at the University of Toronto
Based on the success of this workshop last year, we are pleased to offer the second edition of our full-day Astronomy Teachers Workshop onsite at the campus University of Toronto. Note: this workshop is not offered online.
The workshop will include:
- activities and resources to use in class on various subjects, such as creating models of the Solar System, learning the night sky, and more;
- short talks by scientists about current research;
- free materials to bring back to your classroom;
- time for questions and discussion; and
- a chance to talk with astronomy researchers and education specialists.
Who? All teachers and education professionals are welcome but the content is geared towards Grade 9 curriculum. The mix of activity and information should please teachers who are starting to teach astronomy as well as those who have more astronomy knowledge. If you participated last year, you are welcome to attend again, most of the content will be different.
How much? It’s free! Lunch and refreshments are included.
When? Saturday, April 27, 2019 from 9 am to 4 pm – see detailed schedule
Where? Myhal Centre of Engineering Innovation & Entrepreneurship, Room 380, 55 St. George Street, University of Toronto (see map). The room is wheelchair accessible.
The content of this workshop is only visible to registered participants.