April 28 2018
Astronomy Teachers Workshop in Toronto
Full-day workshop hosted at the Dunlap Institute at the University of Toronto
Discover the Universe is pleased to offer a full-day astronomy workshop on the campus of the University of Toronto. The workshop will include:
- activities and resources to use in class;
- short talks by scientists about current research;
- curriculum-oriented planetarium show and tour of the campus observatory;
- free materials to bring back to your classroom;
- time for questions and discussion;
- and a chance to talk with astronomy researchers and education specialists.
Who? All teachers and education professionals are welcome but the content will be geared towards the grade 9 level.
How much? It’s free! Lunch and coffee breaks are included.
When? Saturday, April 28, 2018, from 9 am to 4 pm – see schedule below
Where? Cody Hall (AB107), Astronomy Building, 50 St. George Street, University of Toronto (see Google map). Come in through the Russell Street entrance for easier access to Cody Hall. Please note this venue is not wheelchair accessible.
Note: This workshop is not offered online.
Confirmed speakers and presenters:
- Julie Bolduc-Duval, Discover the Universe
- Mike Reid, Dunlap Institute
- Matt Russo, SYSTEM Sounds
- Heather Theijsmeijer, Rainbow District School Board and STAO
- John Percy, Dunlap Institute
- Rachael Alexandroff, Dunlap Institute
- Adiv Paradise, University of Toronto
- Renée Hlozek, Dunlap Institute
This workshop is now archived and the content is accessible below to the participants.