May 24 2017
We propose 8 activities to help students discover the sky during the day and at night. The activities can be adapted to many grade levels.
When was the last time you looked up at the sky?
For many of us, this simple little action is done very rarely, yet many interesting celestial objects and phenomena are easily accessible. We therefore propose to explore the sky with students using simple and fun activities.
- Download the document - Looking Up! →
- Activity 1 - In The Sky, I Can See... →
- Activity 2 - Moon Observation Journal →
- Activity 3 - Evening Moon →
- Activity 4 - Daytime Moon →
- Activity 5 - How Long is my Shadow? →
- Activity 6 - Where Does the Sun Set? →
- Activity 7 - Introduction to the Star Finder →
- Activity 8 - Globe at Night →